Your collection of accessories has the power to take your outfits from casual to dressy, from daytime to nighttime and from one style category to another. For example, your favorite versatile little black dress fits all of these groupings and more by simply being paired with different shoes, jewelry, handbags and other items. When it comes to your summer clothing, it’s important to know how to accessorize your favorite outfits accordingly. Here are seven of the most important summer accessories to have on hand this season.
Source: Krakenimages.com/ Shutterstock.com
- Classic Hoops: Perhaps the most versatile of summer jewelry must-haves, a shiny pair of hoop earrings is great for quite literally any summer outfit. If you don’t already have a pair you love, make sure to grab a silver or gold set before summer arrives.
Even though tiny huggie hoops and their oversized counterparts are good to have in your trendy jewelry collection, a small or midsize pair of classic hoops never goes out of style. Use them to elevate a casual t-shirt and shorts outfit or add a little sparkle and shine to your next date night outfit.
- Belt Bag: Your summer athleisure, exercise and travel outfits won’t be complete without an effortlessly chic belt bag. Also known as a fanny pack, these bags are great for keeping your necessities out of the way without you having to hold a handbag. Wear your belt bag across your chest with a casual outfit while on vacation or worn belt style with sneakers and a crop top for a retro-inspired workout look.
Source: Indigo Photo Club/ Shutterstock.com
- Bold Sunnies: Sunglasses are both fashionable and practical on bright summer days. While you probably already have a classic pair of black sunglasses you wear all the time, you definitely need to have a bright, bold pair on hand this summer. Go for a chic pair of sunglasses in your favorite shape, but instead of reaching for black or brown frames, try a style with mirrored lenses or frames in your favorite summer color. Add your summer sunglasses to any daytime outfit as the perfect finishing touch before you leave the house.
- Beaded Clutch: If you’re in need of a quick day to night outfit makeover, consider your handbag situation. Large totes and convenient crossbody bags are great for work and running errands, but an evening outfit is best accompanied by a clutch. Go for a beaded version this summer and add some shimmer and shine to your outfit. Beaded clutches are great for adding a pop of color to a black dress or elevating a pair of jeans and heels.
- Layered Necklaces: A classic summer jewelry look should include your favorite pendant, rings, bracelets and a pair of earrings you can wear with everything. If you want to create a more bold look to pair with v necks and lower necklines, add more necklaces in different lengths to create a layered necklace look. You can layer dainty, short chains with mid length pieces and a lengthy statement pendant or mix it up your own way!
Source: Indigo Photo Club/ Shutterstock.com
- Trendy Hat: Along with your jewelry and other cute accessories, make sure to have a couple of stylish hats on hand to throw on if you need something extra. In addition to sunglasses, summer hats are great to include in your summer wardrobe. Finding the perfect summer hat might include trying on a few styles before you get the right one, so keep an open mind and take photos of yourself in each one of them!
If a panama style or straw beach hat is your favorite, use it to add some dimension and texture to white jeans or a white dress. If your style is more bold and you love color, bring attention to your face and add a colorful hat in your favorite style to a neutral outfit and sandals. The possibilities are endless!
- Hair Bling: Your beach waves can go from the sun and sand to a night on the town with a little help from your sparkly summer hair accessories. Shiny pins, barrettes and clips help brighten your face (and that summer glow!) in an effortlessly stylish way. Go for a set of sleek metal hair pins, a studded claw clip or even a bedazzled bow!
For a subtle addition to your beach or pool outfits, try twisting your hair into a trendy claw clip updo. It will keep the hair out of your face and it looks cuter than a hair band. To enhance your hair for nicer summer occasions, tie a sleek satin bow around your ponytail for an instant cool girl look!
These summer accessories will be sure to make every outfit pop in the summer sun. From hair bling to bold sunglasses, playing around with various pieces can be a fun way to change up your style.